Pages

Monday 16 March 2020

Structure of Seeds

Hi,
In Hurumanu 3 we have made a report about seeds so we research about seeds and we put it all
together in a document. We also search up the meaning of some words we have done this because
we are going to grow foods in our Hurumanu 3 here is the research that I have done.

Structure of seeds ( what its made of )
Image result for Structure of seeds
The seed consists of three components: embryo, endosperm (sometimes perisperm), and seed-coat.
Both endosperm and embryo are the products of double fertilization, whereas the seed-coat develops
from the maternal, ocular tissues. The seed habit is a significant advancement in the evolution of higher
plants.


The seed has 3 elements The beginning of the seed, The part of the seed which acts as a food store  and aseed coat. Both the endosperm and the beginning of the seed are given a twice fertilization.

What does a seed need to germinate ? Seed needs water, oxygen and a proper temperature.
Tell us the meaning of root, shoot and Germinate
Root means the part of plant that are planted in the ground
Shoot means it sprouts out on the ground

Germinate means beginning to grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.