Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2021

Egg Drop Science

Hi,

In Science we needed to pick an experiment that we would like to do at home, so I pick the egg drop challenge here is the work that I have done. I have also put in a video link dropping the egg.

 Aim: What's the point of the experiment?

The point of this experiment is to keep the egg from breaking as it drops on the ground.

Method: Steps you followed.

1.) Grab a 1 piece of paper, news paper, tape and one piece of egg.

2.) Then make a funnel out of the piece of paper and tape it.

3.) After that you rip out small pieces of news paper.

4.) Then you put the small pieces of news paper inside the funnel up to halfway.

5.) You then scrunch 4 big news paper and tape them on the around the outside of the funnel.

6.) Then you cover the egg with news paper and put it inside the funnel.

7.) Then you tape the top of the funnel so the egg does not fall out of the funnel.

8.) Then drop the funnel from a high place.

Results: Picture of final product Video











Discussion: Try explaining the science behind the experiment.

The science behind this experiment is that when you let the egg go it drops on the ground.

Conclusions: Did it work? Would you do anything differently next time?

The steps work and the egg did not cracked, but one thing I would change differently next time is to go somewhere higher and drop it if it could still survive.

1 comment:

  1. Great choice of experiment Joshua! I'm sure your family were very pleased that the egg didn't break everywhere. With your discussion perhaps think about why the egg didn't break? And I agree with your conclusion I would love to see it dropped from a higher height, maybe we can do this one at school. Brilliant video as well!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.