Pages

Sunday 1 August 2021

The Springbok Tour Protest

Hi,

In English we needed to read a short story and answer a few questions and the Title of the story is The Springbok Tour Protest here is what I have done.


1.) What is another word for apartheid?  

Discrimination and Racism.

2.) Why did the protester need helmets? 

It is because the police used special long Baton to hit the protesters.

3.) Why was Hamilton rugby game cancelled?

The Hamilton game was cancelled because of the hundreds of anti-tour protesters occupied the field chanting.

4.) Why do you think being called honorary whites upset the Maori All Blacks?

It is because they don't like being called hononary whites they only want to represent their country.

5.) Do you think this protest was successful? Why? Why not?

I think the protest was successful because All Blacks today are still continuing playing rugby.

6.) How do you think the New Zealand protest helped Nelson Mandela>

I think it helped Nelson Mandela to think what he was gonna do when he becomes the presidents



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.