Pages

Monday 24 August 2020

Making a Compass

 Hi,

In Hurumanu 3 we made our own compass using water and an ice cream container, a small leaf and a tiny pin. We use those things to make a compass so we started of with stroking the tiny pin on the side of the magnet to about 3 minutes and it would be sticking on the magnet. After that we have to put a water on our ice cream container about 2 cm high from the container then put the small leaf at the top of the water and let it float on top. Then put the pin at the top of the leaf and wait for it to stop moving and you find which way is North that is how we made a compass using simple things here is a photo of the experiment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.