Pages

Thursday 4 March 2021

PE Athletics


Hi,

In PE we have did some Athletics practices like High Jump, Long Jump, Discus, Shotput and 100 Metres sprint. So first what we did was Shotput was really hard because you need to throw it properly and you have to throw the ball beside your cheek and push the ball. A tecnique that I have learned in Shotput was bend your legs to get more power at throwing. The record that I got in Shotput was 9.8 metres.

In Discus I have thrown 23 metres and the technique that I have learned is holding the discus with your fingers not with your palm. In Long Jump I Jump 4.48 metres and in High Jump I got 1.30 metres the technique I have learned that You need to jump with your left leg if you are jumping from the right side and if you are jumping from the left side you have to jump with your right leg. In 100 Metres sprint I got 15 seconds and I have learned using the blocks to the start and we learned how to use them properly.


Shot Put ( 9.8 Metres )

Discus ( 23 metres )

Long Jump ( 4.48 Metres )

High Jump  ( 1.30 Metres )

100Metres Sprint ( 15 sec )


In PE I have brought my PE gear everytime we have PE.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Joshua. Congratulations on brilliant results in all your events at athletics. It's good that you are aware of techniques that help you to achieve these results. What did you enjoy about athletics day? Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.