Pages

Wednesday 9 June 2021

Write that Essay

Hi,

In English we were learning about some sentence starters about Adverb here is the work that we have done.

The Adverb Sentence:

Adverbs describe verbs. e.g Surprisingly, Confusingly, Firstly, Remarkbly, Often.

Adverb sentence starters add interest or intrigue to our work.

Remember the rule: When you start a sentence with an adverb, place a comma after the adverb then write the rest sentence.

Examples- Accidentally, Shockingly, Concerningly, Excitedly, Significantly,Similarly, Simply.

  • Simply, I added the milk to the batter.
  • Shockingly, the lunch today was served hot.
  • Accidentally, we screamed because of the huge insect.
  • Excitedly, we ran towards the coach.
  • Unfortunately, we ran out of food.
  • Fortunately, we have a fun activity.
  • Suddenly, I slip when I was walking.
  • Quietly, I walked out of the classroom.
  • Quickly, got out of the classroom.
  • Skilfully, I scored a goal.
  • Creatively, finish the work.
The Sentence

Examples-In, Against, Between, Over, Behind, Within, Under, Below, At, For, Throughout, Near, About.

A preposition gives location or movement.
Remember the rule: When, you start the sentence with a preposition, you need to put a comma when the movement or position ends.

Example: In the beginning, we talked a lot.
Throughout the lesson, I tried not to fall asleep.
Near the basketball court, is the rubbish bin.

  • Between the hills, there are towns.
  • Under the ocean, there are corals.
  • Behind the gym, is a parking lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.