Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2021

The Dropping Pins Experiment

 Hi,

In chemistry we did an experiment and it is called the dropping pins its called the dropping pins because we have to wait for the pins to drop off.

-Times

The first pin dropped at 4.41 sec

The second pin dropped at 14.28 sec

The third pin dropped at 27.48 sec

The fourth pin dropped at 53.88 sec

The last and fifth pin dropped at 1:46.26

What happened?

What happened was when we heated the metal rod it conduct/ the heat travelled quickly, and the vibration of the heat travelled through out the metal rod and heat the Vaseline and the pins so the pins dropped on the table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.