Pages

Monday 25 February 2019

Chromatography using a skittles

Hi,
today we done and experiment in science. So in this experiment is using a skittles but first we need to find buddy to work with of r the experiment. After that we have to get all the materials after we get all the materials. We can start our video when we were videoing the skittle colour has spread around the like a pizza shape and the skittle colour is all move into the water. Here is the video I hope you like it.

Skittles

Aim: The aim was to separate the colours
Materials;

1. Purple Skittles
2. Red skittles
3. Green Skittles
4. Yellow orange skittles
5. Orange skittles
6. Water

Process:

Step 1: Put the first skittle on the side 
Step 2: Then the second one put it also on the side 
Step 3: The third one is also on the side 
Step 4: The fourth one also on the side 
Step 5: Then last one is also on the side
Step 6: Pour the water on the skittles

Findings: Write about what happened the colour spreads out.

Reflection: What have I learnt from this experiment the skittles can form into a cut pizza.

What did the colours do? The spread out
Did the colours mix together? The colours did not mix together
Why or why not? I would like to do this experiment  

Extension:

What is another experiment you could do using chromatography and how would you do it.
Maybe we can use filtration in the chromatography.

Title; Filtrating the chromatography

Aim: To make the colour clean

Materials: Skittles, bottle, water, sand, rock.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Joshua

    You worked very hard in class today. I enjoyed reading your work about the skittles. I wonder if next time you could add more details to your findings. You are very clever and I would like to hear more about what happened when you did your experiments.

    I wonder if you could also tell us a little bit more about your extension experiment. How will you use those materials to make cleaner water?

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.