Pages

Monday 3 September 2018

1917 Kiwis at war

Hi,
This term I started reading about the 1917 kiwis at war. This book is interesting because when it is almost finished some of the soldiers are dying because they are going for a war they use planes to go on the war that's why it is more dangerous. I also think that I am on the half on the book that I have been reading on the content I am on the Elisabeth and also on the start of the page maybe some of the words are tricky. At the second page of the book it said here is this book is dedicated to the villain airmen who took the skies in service of their country,and especially to those who made the ultimate sacrifice. This book is also amazing it has a map and here is the photo of the book that I have been reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joshua!
    How interesting! This book is a part of a series of WW1 ( World War One ) books with a different book for each year of the war. During our chill group time we are reading '1918' which you are welcome to read when we have finished. It does make it more interesting when books include maps as you can see the areas that the writer is talking about. Do you go back and check that map when the story talks about a new location?
    If I was fighting in WW1 I think I would prefer to be a pilot rather than a soldier. But that is just my preference. What about yours?
    You might like to check out this interesting link about planes in WW1.

    https://www.ducksters.com/history/world_war_i/aviation_and_aircraft_of_ww1.php

    Another very famous pilot and fascinating story is that of the Red Baron a German pilot who flew a red plane.

    I would love to catch up with you about this at school sometime!
    All the best,
    Miss D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss D thank you for commenting in my blog that you like the book that I have been reading. I also look at the map what is the story was talking about and it was hard sometimes because the words are small. Maybe If I was fighting at war I would be a soldier because when the plane got hit it will blow up. But if you are on the ground they can steal heal you with med kits or first aid or maybe you can hide and if someone sees you they will help you at take you to the base where the soldier lives. I think that I also so the red baron on the book that I have been reading.Miss D thank you for commenting on my blog and I hope you also comment on my other post and comment on them or others on the school. Maybe you can go and look at Alex blog because he posted also A kiwis at war book and it is 1914 riding into war. Thank you for replying on my blog Miss D.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.